Saturday, June 16, 2012

Amigurumi Pacifier Clips (binky savers)


      I have a friend who is getting about ready to have her first baby. I have always been a fan of pacifier clips and usually include one in with whatever gift I am sending to the newborn baby.
     This time it occurred to me that I could crochet cute "binky savers" that are animals. I browsed and was surprised to see that a majority of the pacifier clips out there were strips of ribbon or crochet with clips not the animals I had envisioned. Not that there is anything wrong with them (they are cute with different patterned ribbons and beautifully crocheted strips).
     The final thing that concerned me was finding clips that would work. It would really defeat the purpose if I had to go out and purchase already completed pacifier clips just to get the last part. After a short browsing thru Bing and Google I was able to find what I was looking for. So I ordered a couple "sample" packs to check out their product and colors.
     Now I have 6 different crocheted amigurumi pacifier clips completed and up for sale in my Etsy shop. They are a bunny, an elephant, a giraffe, a panda bear, a piggy and a turtle.
     I plan to make more animals to add to the collection with some for boys, some for girls, but many for both.




No comments: