Monday, August 8, 2011

Porter Penguin & Ami 4ur Pup


Porter Penguin
 
    Meet Porter Penguin the newest addition to the A.O. family of designs. The meaning of Porter is door keeper or gatekeeper and I thought he was a little stocky so I thought it would be a fitting name until he reaches his new daddy who can give him the name he wants. Porter stands about 8" high and is a slightly larger version of a penguin named Percy who hangs around with me guarding keys. Hopefully I should have the pattern of him done soon so I can add to my Etsy and Ravelry sites.



Ami 4ur Pup


    Have been thinking about making a line of amigurumi for people and their pups. I must admit that the idea has been brought up to me before but I never really gave it much thought before now. I've been looking for a way to be creative and unique in my designs.
    Recently I gave my friend Wanda a completed set of the turtle/tortoise since she collects turtles. Since she loved them so much she was quite distressed the next time I talked to her when she wanted to tell me what had happened to them. She had put them up on a shelf in a closet until she had decided where she was going to put them out at. One day she noticed that both of her dogs Boo boo and Tyke were paying extra attention to the closet. When investigating what had them so entranced, especially the younger one Tyke she had noticed that he had somehow gotten a hold of them. Taking them away she moved them to the dresser in the bedroom. It was then that Tyke proceeded to go lay on the bed where he could stare at the turtle & tortoise and wine until Wanda finally gave in and let Tyke have them. Tyke is after all one of her babies. I just had to laugh, since I actually thought it was adorable. The thing that has surprised Wanda the most is that Tyke no longer wants to play with his other toys. (She did try to go out and get him something new also, but he was not having it. No way!) He and Boo Boo share all their toys, but Boo Boo is not allowed to play with either the turtle or tortoise. Tyke will growl if Boo Boo tries. He also will not "chew" on them. Instead he likes to lay on them with his front paws. (Go figure!)

    So that got me started again in thinking about the ami line of doggie toys. I really want to know what you all think of the idea.  Ya :-) - good idea     (or)     Na :-( - not so good

Have a wonderful day and Happy Ami,           Shannon

No comments: