Monday, April 18, 2011

W.I.P. Fastener Bunny (no name yet)


     This is one of the projects I've been working on that is turning out to become a little more detailed than I had anticipated. My inspiration is from those "fastener" dolls, you know the ones that teach little kids to use snaps, buttons & zippers. How to lace and tie & use Velcro fasteners. I love the concept of the doll, but they are just so ugly (no offense meant to PlaySkool, who usually puts them out).

     So far my bunny is going to have snaps on the wrist warmer & the scarf Velcro's. The vest will have button down lapels, lace & tie under layer and a zipper front. I am not going to put "hooks" on it cause the pieces are so very small and pointy I don't think they should go on a kids toy. The blue beret and brown booties are just a part of the outfit for now.

     I was intending on making the bunny as a gift to give away, but I just might send him to their nana & papa's (grandparents) so that he/she will be available for more that one kid to use.

     Now you all can help me out cause the bunny does not have a name yet, and I haven't even decided if it will be a girl or a boy. I would appreciate any suggestions that you can give me. Just post to the comments below. I will post the final choice and give credit to the person when I post the completed bunny pictures to my blog. Please help me out here. :-)


Hoppy Easter.... and Happy Ami,            Shannon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My first impression is that of a French boy. Then I thought of how they say WEE for "yes" (probably spelled wrong), and we say "WEEEE!" for funnn! (not to be confused w/ wee-wee...but we won't go there) Then I just thought of Emily's friend "Boowee" (sp?) that is so nice. (totally random? Definitely) So what if you say he's a French boy bunny (even tho I'm not fond of the French) and call him "Booweeeeeee!!"...now that I've typed this, it's quite ridiculous. You know 9pm is my bedtime & it's 10:30, so that's my story & I'm stickin to it! Now I need to see if Amazon is calling my name through your website ;)

Teresa - Konigotes! said...

I see him as an artist... mmm how about Picasso? ^.^