Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dachshund

Dachshund

Some people are cat people, some are dog people… not me, I love them both. Now if you asked me about 5 years ago I would say that I liked big dogs over smaller ones though. That was until my parents got T.J. … a “small” light chocolate colored chihuahua. Well obviously this is not a chihuahua… it is a dachshund. Point being made now I think that all sizes of dogs deserve equal representation and this is the first of several designs that I am planning on doing.
This dachshund was a request by one of my vendor reps from work who had seen one of the other projects I was working on and immediately asked if I could make her a dachshund to add to her collection. This one is small, about 4.5″x6.25″. I’m not sure if future designs will continue to be small like this one, larger like the Snoopy I made or perhaps both. (Smaller dogs – smaller designs & larger dogs – larger designs) reflecting the real size differences in the breeds.
I e-mailed pictures to my friend and hope that she likes how it came out. I think it is very cute and just the start of many more to come. For now the dog designs will have to wait though cause I have been working on some things for the upcoming Christmas season. I think my next posting will have more on this and I hope my first pattern design available for sale.
Please leave me comments about what you think about my work. All input is welcome.
Thanks a lot, Shannon.

No comments: